Happy July 4th everybody!
Obviously you should be making a dessert that has some red, blue and some white in it and one that is going to cool people off! What could be better than a COPYCAT DAIRY QUEEN CAKE?! Nothing! I made this a few years ago, but decided this year with the hot temps of Denver I wanted to make another cool cake that involves ZERO baking! This recipe has a few steps involved but it is very simple and for all baker levels!
I don’t want to read your post, what should I know?
- Make this copycat DQ cake for any summer holiday like July 4th
- No baking involved
- Very easy!
- Vanilla ice cream
- chocolate ice cream
- fudge sauce
- chocolate sauce
- pint whipping cream
1. Melt vanilla and chocolate ice cream
2. Pour ice cream into to plastic wrap lined cake pans (I used six inch but if you are making for a few people use nine inch)
3. Let freeze overnight
4. Add fudge sauce to chocolate cake
5. Remove filling of oreos and smash with potato masher and then add chocolate sauce to get gooey consistency and add to vanilla cake pan
6. Let freeze for at least an hour if not more
7. Prepare frosting; whip cream, sugar and vanilla for about three minutes
8. Remove cakes from pan and place chocolate cake down and then add vanilla cake on top putting the cookie filling and fudge filling together; place back in the freezer for 10 minutes
9. Frost cake and freeze again for at least 10 mintues